Thursday 12 May 2016

Chatkazz

Our world is full of different cultures and traditions, and with all those different cultures comes different sorts of food. So to those people who fit into the category of “trying new foods”, I introduce to you a very well known Indian restaurant Chatkazz.



Chatkazz is a pure vegetarian restaurant which provides all Indian snacks/street food. For some of you that may not be aware, India within itself has many other cuisines that have developed from different regions, such as north Indian food usually consists of spicy food whereas south Indian food is creamier and mild. Although, Chatkazz is able to provide all Indian cuisines which is what makes it even more special, there’s just so much to choose from!!

This brings me to my next point, choosing dishes. For those who have never tried Indian food, it can be quite daunting to choose a meal that you think you’d like based on the very little description that is usually offered. So, here are some of my favourite foods that I would usually order or foods that I think are worth a try, to save your time.


Samosa Chaat– Samosa, a north Indian snack, is a fried pastry made of all purpose flour, traditionally filled with potatoes and green peas along with some spices. What really sets this snack apart is Its triangular shape as this way the pastry folds better and is able to hold and contain the mixture inside. This snack is best served with some chutney, alongside a chickpea curry and yogurt. 





Masala Dosa: This south Indian dish is my absolute favourite and is usually my go to when I can’t decide on anything. The best way I  describe this would a savoury crepe (made from rice batter and black lentils), filled with potatoes and served with a mix vegetable curry and usually two chutneys (coconut and chilli). The “masala” refers to the stuffing inside of the crepe and the Dosa being the actual crepe. As with any usual crepe, this also comes in many varieties and stuffing options.   Anything from Indian cottage cheese (paneer) to onions and even plain. 

Biryani: Biryani is a very well known India dish made all over India. Although It may just look like fried rice, biryani actually is cooked in a very special way that allows all of the flavours from the spices to remain fresh. As Chatkazz is a pure vegetarian restaurant it only offers veg and paneer biryani, although chicken and mutton (goat) biryani is also very common. This is best served with some salad and plain yogurt 



Manchow Soup: This is my favourite soup hands down. This is a rather spicy soup, with vegetables and Chatkazz serves this with fresh coriander and some fried noodles. I love this as an entrée on cold nights, it instantly warms me up without filling me up too much so I am also able to enjoy my main course.



Daal fry with butter naan: This is a meal that I usually have together. As many may be aware naan is a soft bread which can be served with any Daal (lentils) or sabzi (vegetable curry) of your choice, and I usually have It with Daal. This is a very simple and traditional meal that is extremely filling and even more delicious. The soft texture of the butter naan works so well with the soupy consistency of the lentils.





So here are my few favourites from Chatkazz. Hopefully I was able to provide some knowledge about food today! Indian cuisine is so divine full of rich spicy flavours, and Chatkazz does an outstanding job of displaying these flavours. I highly highly recommend this Restaurant, for both it’s variety in food and the extremely fast, efficient and friendly service.

Link (http://chatkazz.com.au/Menu.php?mitem_id=2#)        
                      


No comments:

Post a Comment